Work with us
Kumi hospital is constantly looking for doctors, nurses and other health workers.
1) SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience as SHR officer and in a health care related NGO setting.
- People oriented and results driven.
- Demonstrable experience with Human resources Metrics.
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases.
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the organization.
- In-depth knowledge of the labor law and HR best practices
- Degree in Human Resources or related field, post graduate in public administration or health service management is added advantage.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall organization strategy.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues.
- Manage the recruitment and selection process.
- Support current and future organization needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital.
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization.
- Nurture a positive working environment.
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance.
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program.
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs.
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics.
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management.
2) SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
Key Roles and responsibilities
- Ensuring all transactions are posted timely and accurately
- Assisting with the preparation of the month-end schedules
- Daily and monthly reconciliation.
- Assist with monthly reconciliations for the Company bank accounts.
- Ensuring financial controls are adhered to.
- Assist with the preparation of payments to suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with all tax regulations e.g. returns submitted and taxes paid on time.
- Receiving and authenticate invoices and/ or statements from suppliers checking for accuracy, procurement process and supporting documents.
- Ensuring that expenses are duly supported by an Invoice, Delivery Note, Goods Received Note, LPO/Contract, Purchase Requisition etc.
- Handle queries from creditors as they arise and on a timely basis.
- Managing the filing and archiving of all the documents related to creditors handled.
- Participate in and support internal and external audits by producing the required data and supporting documents and/ or schedules.
- Maintain digital and physical financial records.
- Maintenance of fixed asset register and assist in monthly depreciation and schedules.
- Annual asset verification and tagging.
- Assist with ad-hoc financial requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.Com or BA in Accounting, Finance, or a relevant field
- Relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) Competencies
- 3-5 years’ work experience as a Senior Accountant
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures
- Familiarity with finance regulations
- Good math skills and the ability to spot numerical errors
- Hands-on experience with MS Excel and accounting
- Proficiency in Excel and experience of using accounting software a bonus
- A proactive approach to work, the ability to handle multiple tasks, and to maintain a high-quality standard when working under time pressure.
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills
3) INTERNAL AUDITOR
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop internal audit policies and strategies for the organization.
- Carry out systematic reviews of all systems and internal controls as per the established policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Vouch payment and other documents before processes are completed.
- Prepare annual stock taking instructions.
- Participate in the annual stock taking exercise to ensure the Organization’s assets are safeguarded.
- Carry out management audits and participate in physical inspection and verification of assets during Board survey.
- Carry out spot checks on stock records and physical stores.
- Arrange for annual audit exercises and investigations as may be required.
- Participate in Procurement Committee meetings.
- Prepare periodic internal audit reports and the Annual Audit Reports.
- Liaise with the senior management on all audit matters relating to the Organization.
- Promote a positive corporate culture and image of the Organization.
Qualifications and experience
A Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or MBA with a bias in Auditing plus Professional Qualifications in Accounting, Auditing, Chartered Accounting Chartered Certified Accounting, Certified Accountant CPA (T), CPA (K), or CPA (U) or other related professional qualification. • 5 years of experience in auditing with five (2) years at senior level.
Skills and Competencies:
Computer skills, analytical skills, communication skills, management skills, conflict resolution, negotiation skills, networking skills, planning skills, team-building skills, report writing skills, supervisory skills, ability to work under pressure, ability to work in multi-cultural environment and paying attention to detail.
Duties and responsibilities
- Planning and budgeting for health data collection and preparation.
- Monitoring availability of HMIS tools in the organization and act as liaison for the organization with district local government to ensure adequate HMIS tools stock. Ensuring HMIS data quality in the organization is complete, timely and correct, conducting support supervision and guiding on data improvement.
- Ensuring data use in the organization by conducting training and leading in the production of organizational analytical health profile annually among other critical periodic reports.
- Participates in rollout of new system ensuring organizational adoption of new systems.
- Supporting disease surveillance monitoring disease thresholds and notifying in cases of upsurges and outbreaks in-line with IDSR.
- Planning, budgeting, and coordinating health data collection and management;
- Updating and maintaining the Health Management Information System;
- Collecting and analyzing data on health;
- Implementing measures for maintaining data security;
- Participating in support supervision;
- Supporting health research activities and programs;
- Imparting knowledge and skills to staff on information and data management; and compiling and submitting reports on health information Management.
- Degree in Statistics or Biostatistics or Applied Economics or Quantitative.
- Economics from a recognized University or Institution.
- Should be computer literate with skills in Statistical Packages/Spreadsheet like Microsoft Excel, SPSS, Stata, Epi Info etc. and common programming languages. Should be able to interact with at least one of the common relational database management systems like Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, IBM DB2 etc.
- Three (3) years working experience in a similar position.
Information Communication Technology (ICT), financial management, Business and market orientation, planning, organizing and coordinating.
5) ASSISTANT INVENTORY MANAGEMENT OFFICER
- Key Duties and Responsibilities.
- Receiving, recording and storing supplies.
- Receiving requisitions and orders and issuing stores.
- Taking stock levels of the stores.
- Checking and verifying stores invoices.
- Keeping records of all stores received and issued out.
- Maintaining facilities for preservation, packing and storage.
- Offloading obsolete goods from stores.
- Maintaining and updating Stores Ledger.
- Maintaining and updating the Fixed Asset Register of the Council.
- and any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
The ideal candidate must either hold a Diploma in Supplies and Stores Management from a recognized awarding Institution OR a Uganda Diploma of Business Studies from a recognized awarding institution. A minimum of two years of experience Knowledge of procurement and disposal processes and procedures.
Skills and competences
ICT, Accountability, Ethics and integrity, Time management, Attention to quality and standards.
6) CLINICAL OFFICER
- Diagnosing, treating and managing Patients
- Managing and accounting for allocated resources.
- Referring complicated cases.
- Conducting health education to patients.
- Participating in research activities.
- Adhering to the Professional Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- Compiling and submitting periodic reports.
- Any other duties assigned from time to time
- Must have a Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health or its equivalent from a recognized Institution
- Must be registered with the Allied Health Professionals Council.
- Must have a valid practicing license Job-related experience and knowledge:
- Two (02) years’ experience in HIV/AIDS care and management
- Knowledge of the WHO and National ART, EMTCT, and TB guidelines
- ENROLLED MIDWIFES
- ENROLLED NURSES
- ORTHOPEDIC TECHNICIAN
- RECORDS ASSISTANT
Relevant professional papers, valid practicing incenses, A’LEVEL, O’LEVEL, working experience of at least two years
Note: All applications must be addressed to the office of the Medical Director, Kumi Hospital. Attach your CV, cover letter, and confidential letters from two referees and relevant academic documents as a single PDF document.
Deadline for receiving applications is: Friday November 25, 2022; 5:00pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on the Kumi Hospital Noticeboard